International press review: the Covid-19 effects from the helpline observatory
The Covid-19 effects from the helpline observatory
International press review
During these months marked by the Covid-19 pandemic, the helplines receive thousands of calls in which people express their anxieties and concerns about the future.
The helplines are an important observatory on social health and - especially in times of crisis - they can make a contribution to understanding the state of emotional distress in society.
In several countries, helpline managers were interviewed by national newspapers; they provided a perspective on the effects of the pandemic, from the observatory of their listening service.
Review of the main articles published so far
- Nieuwe single IKRAAAN – “Alleen”- Dansende Beren, Belgium - 06 July 2020
- Le paure che non ti ho mai detto - D Repubblica, Italy - 03 July 2020
- Alain Mathiot, président de SOS Amitié : "Nous sommes convaincus que le pire est encore à venir" - Marie Claire, France - 19 June 2020
- SOS Amitié évoque une hausse des idées suicidaires pendant le confinement - Le Figaro, France - 16 June 2020
- Am meisten höre ich den Satz: Ich weiß nicht mehr weiter - Zeit Online, Germany - 27 May 2020
- El Teléfono de la Esperanza, desbordado - El Pais, Spain - 02 Apr 2020