EmPoWEring: Educational Path for Emotional Well-being
We value everyone’s right to be heard and to receive emotional support at their time of need and we believe that listening is a key competence to provide emotional well being in private and business situations.
The aim of this project was to lift the treasure of listening skills in the field of listening centres in Europe, to put together best practice experiences under scientific criteria and to set up a 120 hours training to educate the basic competences in listening for everyone. The effectiveness of the training has been measured using scientific based assessments.
Have you ever talked to a friend about a problem only to realize that they are unable to grasp why the issue is so important to you?
The project includes the mapping of 92 organisations that provide emotional support in Europe, particularly in the 4 project partner’s countries.
The course includes a 30 hours theoretical blended-learning module following a 40 hours face-to-face group education.
The project is funded by EU under the programme ERASMUS + KA2- Strategic Adult Education.
- Improving measures in the area of emotional health/crisis and suicide prevention
- Mapping of knowledge and initiatives of Emotional support and Emotional well-being in EU countries with a focus on social competences
- Developing learning programs for enabling the awareness of emotional support and a training path to equip professionals and volunteers with the social competences oriented to emotional well-being
- Validating the non-formal competences of volunteers and professionals, i.e. validating the profile of “Listener”
- Encouraging pan-European cooperation
- Innovative emotional well-being initiatives towards a mindset change
- Emotional well-being training modules and resources
- Model and recommendations for an emotional support curriculum
Emotional well-being Educational Path consortium includes 10 partners from 4 EU countries (Germany, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands):
- IFOTES Europe - Germany: Coordinator
- LESZ Association of the Hungarian TES - Hungary
- Telefono Amico Italia - Italy
- TelefonSeelsorge centre of Munich - Germany
- Sensoor centre of Rotterdam - The Netherlands
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg Germany - Medical Faculty - Department for Internal General Medicine and Psychosomatics
- NIVEL Institute for health services research - The Netherlands
- Végeken Egészséglélektani Alapítvány - Hungary
- Studio Rucli - Training and counselling - Italy
- Scuola Nazionale Servizi – Italy
2 years, from September 2015 to August 2017.