IFOTES EUROPE e.V. is a registered charity foundation, devoted to the support of the International Federation of Telephone Emergency Services (IFOTES).
IFOTES Europe aims to promote the intra-European advancement of phone and web-based suicide prevention and other emergency services, as well as mental and emotional support for people in need by:
- promoting communication across Europe between its telephone emergency service centres via meetings, conferences and symposia, as well as other media-based channels.
- networking amongst the Association’s Members, as well encouraging pan-European cooperation between social welfare and health care organisations.
- developing and evaluating procedures, statistics and analyses, which advance the work of crisis prevention and improve its quality, documenting and transmitting information about quality-improving measures in the areas of emotional health, crisis and suicide prevention.
- documenting and transmitting information about quality-improving measures in the areas of emotional health, crisis and suicide prevention.
- developing and implementing prevention and training programmes that serve to prevent crises and create emotional balance and mental health.
IFOTES Europe Flyer
IFOTES Europe project manager - Dr. Stefan Schumacher - Hagen, Germany
1992 – 1997: scientific assistant at the Institute for Ecumenical Studies in Tübingen.
Since 1994: trainer for communication skills, coach and supervisor for personal development; lecturer in the field of Theology, Psychology and Social Science.
Since 1998: post director of the TES Listening centre in Hagen -Germany.
Since 2000: member of IFOTES IC, Vice-President from 2007 to 2010 and President from 2010 to 2016. Founder of IFOTES Europe.